I swiped this from my brother’s Facebook status (It’s either he’s smarter than me or i’m just getting old, go figure).
A minister told his congregation, “Next week I plan to preach about the sin of lying. To help you understand my sermon, I want you all to read Mark 17.”
The following Sunday, as he prepared to deliver his sermon, the minister asked for a show of hands. He wanted to know how many had read Mark 17. Several went up. The minister smiled and said, “Mark has only sixteen chapters. I will now proceed with my sermon on the sin of lying.”
Some reflections on this:
1. It’s either these people did not own a bible or they don’t have access to the internet, or don’t know how to use Google.
2. The minister really knows his congregation.
3. The congregation doesn’t bother to listen to the minister. They just attend church because its church.
4. Or, this is simply a case of Lying FAIL.
5. As my brother told me…”This is just a joke.” Cool man, I know.